First of all, thank you all for wishing me a happy birthday :) I did in fact have a lot of fun this weekend hehe
Today I am bringing you another get the look of post. I placed a poll in my blog for this section and the winner was Sarah Jessica Parker. And I have to admit one thing. When I lived in the US I was a Sex and The City addict! So I thought it would be fun to deconstruct Carrie's look, since she was a style icon while the show was on air, and now she is back! After all, she is queen of Manhattan chic =)
Here I try to offer you items I found in Etsy to look a little bit more like Carrie, based on these outfits from the movie. From the photos above: outfit #1: 3rd row from Etsy items, outfit #2: 4th row, outfit #3: 6th and 7th rows, outfit #4: 5th and 6th rows, outfit #5: 8th row pink dress, outfit #6: 1st and 2nd rows.
Sellers, left to right, top to bottom, are (link to the item): JustVic, sputnkibaby, tontubtim, thevintagecloset, santokivintage, LOEY, atouchofvintage, bonspielcreation, pantastic, ShannahMMignini, ancestorvintage, namkim, KhaoSanRoad, nstylevintage, perfectionstore, seabreezestudio, idea2lifestyle, VintageLakeHouse, srbdesigns, thevintagecloset, astridland, Recy, thevintagemode, persnickitydesign, replicca, allencompanyinc, Captaincrochet, RedemptionVintage, Garvoart, PersonalizedJewelry, lorigami, laurannze
Can you believe that in the bazillion bags there are in Etsy I could not find an Eiffel Tower bag??? Unbelievable! haha
And now some makeup tips to look more like Carrie:
Carrie always looks natural, as if she was not wearing much makeup: her cosmetics are all about shiny curls, defined cheekbones, bold eyes and nude, glossy lips.
- With a freshly sharpened black pencil liner, you're going to make a thin yet dense line across the entire upper lash line. But you're not going to draw the line. To get a really fine line, dot the liner directly along the roots of the lashes in a "connect the dots" approach. No smudging, because you'll want to keep that line solid.
- Sketch a line under the lower lashes with a gray-blue pencil, then smudge with a cotton swab or pointed-tip sponge applicator.
- Apply two coats of black mascara to the upper lids. Apply one coat of mascara to lower lashes.
- Blot cheeks, chin, nose and forehead with a sheer loose powder.
- Apply a heather-pink powder blush to the cheekbones only.
- Finish by lining the lips in a nude-pink liner, then filling the lips in with a soft, baby-pink sheer lipstick.
Here you have a video explaining how to do the makeup, this one is a little more sophisticated =)
Makeup tips from: iVillage
Video: panacea81 at Youtube
Also, I am very happy to announce that you can follow this get the look of series in Etsy through the Etsy Finds section of the Storque! =) Yay Thanks Etsy (and specially Anda).
Subscribe here to get a daily email with the Etsy Finds.